The Fahey Bank was founded in 1865, the year the Civil War ended, by Timothy Fahey. Originally known as The Bank of Ireland, the bank was located in the rear of Timothy Fahey’s general store at 127 North Main Street in Marion, Ohio. The bank’s main office continues to be at the same location.
In the early years of the bank, farmers generally paid for purchases by giving notes from the merchants. When the farmers came in at harvest time to pay off their notes, they often left their extra funds on deposit, and the bank grew rapidly.
When all the banks were closed for the “bank holiday” during the Great Depression, Fahey Bank did not receive its notice and remained open to serve its customers. While many of the area banks failed, Fahey Bank grew and prospered.
Over the years, the bank has expanded and opened additional branches, including Marion’s first drive-up teller facility and a loan production office in Worthington. The bank has maintained its cutting edge with new technology, products and services including Internet banking, e-statements and mobile banking.
Throughout its history, Fahey has emphasized lending to individuals and local businesses to help our families and businesses reach their goals. It continues this tradition today along with maintaining a strong capital base. Its capital ratio is in the top 4% nationally and is in the top 1% of its peer group.
The bank continues to be operated by the descendants of Timothy Fahey. The current Chief Executive Officer, Carl F. Hughes, is his great-great grandson. Fahey Bank is Marion, Ohio’s oldest family business. Carl F. Hughes was honored as one of America’s top 100 corporate leaders in 1997 by Irish American magazine.
Johnson Property Services is a full service property management organization offering a wide variety of grounds and building maintenance services from our Marion, Ohio operations center.
We work for both residential and commercial customers in the North Central Ohio area but cover virtually the entire Buckeye state for clients with multiple properties wanting and needing our services. We are a fully insured and licensed company in all areas of services that we offer.
Our Mission:To provide our customers with excellent service and high quality products at a fair price with the knowledge, experience and dedication to fulfill their needs with overall satisfaction being our top priority.
In the early years, 1921 to 1931, Helen and Dale Kimmel operated a small tailoring and pressing business on State Street in Marion, Ohio. In 1931, they bought Whetstone Dry Cleaning and started Kimmel Cleaners, located on the south side of Upper Sandusky. Its primary business consisted of wholesale dry cleaning, tailoring, and pressing. They also serviced the people of Upper Sandusky with retail dry cleaning. Later Helen and Dale purchased Fink Laundry and added laundry along with their dry cleaning service.
In 1944 they moved the plant to our present location, 225 N. Sandusky Avenue, Upper Sandusky, Ohio. We have expanded several times since and the last expansion was complete in 1988.
During the early years, our primary business volume was retail dry cleaning and family laundry. With the introduction of the man made fiber, wash and wear, and double knits, our business changed, resulting in a substantial loss of our dry cleaning and family laundry knits business. We replaced this with linen supply, institutional laundry, industrial laundry and uniform rental. Our sales efforts since 1970 have been concentrated in this direction. Also at this time due to our change in business services, we changed our business name from Kimmel Cleaners to Kimmel Corporation, although our legal name remains Kimmel Cleaners, Inc.
In 1982 we saw natural fibers come back. Garments of wool, silk, and cotton were again being sold in stores. This resulted in the return of the dry cleaning business. We then purchased Bogner’s Dry cleaning and Uniform Rental in Mansfield, Ohio. Also in 1985 we purchased Big M Cleaners with the plants located in Bucyrus, Marion and Mansfield. We now operate one active plant with seven dry stores. Our business and sales office is located on East Finley Street in Upper Sandusky, Ohio.
Our physical plants are always changing. Along with our constant retooling, we are striving to make the Kimmel Corporation and its subsidiaries a better place to work.
Since 1975, Marion Industrial Center has been supplying you with quality storage and logistic services. We offer 2,000,000 SQ. FT. of pure security and space. You never have to worry about your valuables when they’re under our care.